Monday, June 20, 2011

Slipping into Sublime Simplicity

Truly living in the present means being unaware of the present. That doesn't mean oblivion, being fucked up or apathy but rather an innocent and genuine unawareness of the passage of time and the movement of space. We are admonished to live in the present and yet it appears to vibrate on such an elusive plane that we often write it off as something unachievable....and therein lies the paradox that is living in the moment: It is not something to be achieved, something to gain, or something to realize. Instead, it comes in those fleeting moments when you have inadvertently let go of the drive to obtain such a state and it's only when you re-surface from living in the moment that you realize what's occurred.

What makes you slip beneath surface of reality and experience life in its actual sublime simplicity? 

Equestrianism does it for me...



2 comments:

Olive said...

I love when I find my feelings put into words I couldn't write. If that makes sense. I just really like this post. It kind of goes along with my idea of living with a similar additude that I had when I was little. Which in short, means not thinking too hard and straining too hard to grasp at it. But, then again, I can't write it as well as you:))

Olive said...

P.s. Did you turn your handwriting into a font?? Hannah did that, it's pretty cool...